Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Messy me.

Why is it I can never eat a meal without spilling it down my shirt? OK, I’ll give you that it’s not every meal, but I would say it would be a fifty – fifty split, which would be a conservative estimate. It doesn’t matter where I am, I can’t say it only happens when I’m out as it happens at home too.

I think this is genetic, my mother does this all the time too, and maybe it’s not necessarily the spilling that is genetic but where it lands – right in the middle of ample bosom land, and this I am assured I do get from my mother.

Now I have a friend that is flat chested, if you cut off her head you wouldn’t be able to pick her as a girl, she has the spilling gene also, but all her spills land straight in her lap! Much, much easier to hide.

It has come to the point that I am consciously aware of it now and take extra care that it does not happen, but still the spills just keep coming.

My worst experience to date was a few months back when I went out to lunch with a friend, we had Chinese and – you guessed it – chop sticks. Now I am not an old hat to the chopstick phenomenon but I wouldn’t starve if they were the only form of eating tool. On this day I did not have one, but three separate spills. The front of my shirt was looking a little like the buffet table itself!

Once my hideous friend had stopped laughing, which took a while let me tell you, she told me she wanted to go to a nearby shop before we left to get something. I looked down at my shirt, she started to laugh AGAIN and said “too bad, come on…..” I love my friends.

Now luckily, all was not lost I had purchased something earlier and I used the bag as cover, you know where you cross your arms over your chest as you hold the bag close to you. This, I am sure looked ridiculous, but not as much as buffet shirt would have.

So I followed her around the shop in a childlike, “are you done yet?” fashion and finally she was.

We went home and I discarded said shirt to the washing pile and put on a fresh one in readiness for the next meal.

Maybe I should just get a bib and be done with it.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:45 pm, Blogger Seeker said…

    You Rule!

    Thanks for the writing now keep it up. I have added you to my spot for the peeps who ride the short bus. There are only a select few that receive this honor so wear it well my dear!

     
  • At 1:42 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Seek, (may I call you Seek?) You have made my day an I thank you. As for the story telling it like a tap has been turned on this stuff just keeps on coming. I am currently bathing in the love and, oh, and right back at you, (in a platonic, non sexual kinda way).

     
  • At 1:35 am, Blogger Seeker said…

    Yeah Seek is fine. No problemo. cheerio matey and all that Ozzie shite =)

     
  • At 1:02 pm, Blogger AGB 1 said…

    I find this post to be titillating.

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Dastard, you are nasty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet