Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Friday, July 23, 2004

And a diet Coke, thanks…

I stood behind him in a certain fast food chain getting his Mac attack (now I’ll be sued, damn it). The order went something like this…

“I’ll have a Big Mac meal, oh and can I also grab a Quarterpounder (is that one word or two – lets make it one shall we?) with cheese as well.” (Ugh, I can feel my arteries hardening, yeah, I know, if I feel this way why am I even there? – well this story would be hard to tell if I wasn’t).

“Of course sir, could I upsize that for you?”

“Sure, why not.”

“And is a Coke OK for the drink?”

“Oh, no can I have a diet Coke, thanks”. (I subconsciously felt my eyebrows rising – he did not just ask for a "diet" Coke, did he?).

What is with that? A diet Coke? Yes-sir-e-bob that’ll surely balance out all those nasties from the fat fest you’re about to eat. This never ceases to amaze me, why even bother? Have your glass (ok, plastic cup) of sugar with the fat fest, balance all that shit out. But in his defence, he may be hypoglycaemic (all I know about this condition is that you can’t have sugar – don’t know anything more about it than that – and even then I may be wrong).

But honestly, I have seen this diet Coke behaviour many times, it’s crazy, I tell you crazy! So now it’s my turn to be served.

“Hi can I take your order”

“Sure, can I get a Fish burger (I refuse to use the McBurgers name) and a diet Coke thanks”. (tee hee!)

Not again, when will they ever learn?

PS. This story has been embellished beyond recognition from what actually happened, there were multiple burgers involved and the drink to accompany them was indeed a diet Coke (I was not the purchaser or the eater and I can assure you that they were not hypoglycaemic either, for interests sake), all the rest is speculation and hearsay, but it reads better this way.


5 Comments:

  • At 11:26 pm, Blogger Seeker said…

    Fish sandwich from Micky D's? that is awefully brave of you.

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger Sara said…

    I absolutely agree with you. I used to see that all the time. Mostly I see it with candy bars. A candy bar and a diet coke? I never understood the concept either. And still don't. But then as I was reading, I thought 'well may be the person just likes the taste of the diet over the regular'. That was my only justification.

     
  • At 1:20 am, Blogger Nord said…

    Seek – Brave is my middle name (well it’s not really). The fillet o fish is the only thing I find remotely eatable there, and as a rule, I don’t eat fish (any seafood for that matter). But I figure if it’s from there it’s probably not really fish anyway. As for the drink I always get lemonade (You don’t call it that there though, ummmmm…Sprite or 7 Up, I think – which are brands of lemonade here) Because this guy once told me that he had a friend that used to pee into the drink vats (can’t think of a better word for vat, container maybe, I don’t know). Ok so it may be an urban myth, but I am drinking the ‘clear’ liquid thank you very much, just in case. And to be honest I only go to Maccas rarely anyhow.

    Sara – How could anyone like the taste of diet Coke (the chemical cocktail) better, it tastes like crap (Ok this is just my opinion). But yes, I know what you mean. I tried clicking on your link but your profile is locked and I can’t go to your page to have a look, can you unlock it so I can have a look or put your page address on a comment? If you don’t mind that is.

     
  • At 6:15 am, Blogger AGB 1 said…

    Has anyone seen "Supersize Me" I have not but want to.

     
  • At 11:49 am, Blogger Nord said…

    Dast, I haven't seen it but also wanted to, I think it has just come out at the movie's and is still playing, so I may catch it yet (Do have to con someone into coming with me though that will watch this - would you like to? Well since you want to see it anyway). But who was anyone kidding? No one honestly thought that McDonald's was healthy, did they?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet