Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Left until the last

I always leave things to the last minute, I don’t plan to as a matter of fact I always plan to get things done with plenty of time to spare, but what can I say it just never works out that way.

My reason behind this story today is that I had to do a report (yes another) for the Uni subject I am currently studying. Now I turned down an invitation to visit an old friend on the weekend (who for some reason called me out of the blue after 6 years). I did initially accept the invite but called back the next day to make it the following weekend. The reason for my change of heart in going to visit her? I had a report due. Now to be fair the report was due today (Thursday) and had to be submitted online by midnight.

There was plenty of time to get this done, more than enough actually but I left it until tonight and I completed it within around 3 hours (showing how much time I would have needed to put aside), posting it at 11.47pm.

Why do I do this? I have no idea – I would have liked to have finished it last weekend, but I would look at my textbooks as I walked by and make a mental note to read the topic and make some notes, by this afternoon the mental notepad was full but not a note to be seen.

I can’t explain it I do this every single time, granted the larger assignments cannot be left until the last minute especially field research. But anything else, no matter the time frame, I always leave to the very last.

I know this is not too exciting a tale, I feel really slack for not posting on my blog but as it is now 12.11am and I have just completed a scientific report (humble as it was) I hope you’ll forgive me. I now, no longer have to worry about the report and will think of a good story to share with you tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:58 am, Blogger evilsciencechick said…

    I would post a better reply, but i have to clean my entire place tonight for the real estate guy tomorrow morning. Why didn't I do it little by little all week like I planned? LAAAAAAAYYYY-ZEEEEEEEEE!

    I guess I'm sayin' I can relate!

     
  • At 8:21 am, Blogger Seeker said…

    Will you come clean my house? You know us Bachelors we don't do to well without a woman's touch =(

     
  • At 12:00 pm, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I'm a serial procrastinator too Nord. Read your previous post too about the neighbors and your dog Max. Ugh, my neighbors did the same thing with my Lab. Acted like I didn't take good care of him. Nosy retired people. Guess it didn't help when my dog broke his chain, ran off and was never seen again... where were they then??? LOL. Good luck.

     
  • At 1:45 pm, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Nord, I have the exact opposite problem- I HAVE to get everything done well ahead of deadlines so I can go back and perfect it. I plan everything out, including alternate plans in case something goes wrong with the original schedule (I'm trying to schedule more time to be spontaneous, but it's not working!)

     
  • At 9:26 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Regan – boy I can more than relate to that, I am exactly the same and what they give you two weeks notice – it does remind me of a good story though about an inspection I had and I will write a story on that and post it up – thanks I need a little inspiration for my blog and a few fresh ideas (as you can tell by my lack of posting). Hope the inspection went well.

    Seek – clean your own place, none of us have any time we are too busy procrastinating – lol.

    Inanna – thanks for stopping by, I was home today and some kids came up to him 3 times today, and were calling him by name, if I wasn’t being too lazy I would have gone out and told them to bugger off. Oh well.

    Tsarina – man never give that up, I hate that I always leave things to the last minute, it’s not a good way to be, one of these days I will run out of time I'll be screwed – this has yet to happen but I think one day I will leave something until it is too late.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet