Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Finally (the continuing saga of the pool).

So I finally got the pool sorted today (ok well technically it was yesterday). I called the real estate, by now I should have them put in my speed dial, looking at past circumstances.


The Green Pool (taken a few weeks ago and in the day). Posted by Hello

But finally, oh yes finally. So what happened? I spoke to the Pool people, who said they were still waiting for the real estate, (who when I called) said they had spoken to the owner, who said he would contact the pool people and sort it out (but this has been the story for months). OMG!!! So I (not so politely – I have had enough of this fucking me around crap)suggested that perhaps as the real estate, it is their responsibility to ensure that my premises is maintained and I am paying a rather decent rent, they could perhaps take it upon themselves to sort this RIGHT NOW. Well in no way did I expect this tact to work, but she, Samantha (screw her this is her real name and if I had her surname I may just be inclined to post that too) told me (oh yes, once again) that she would call the owner and call me back.

Anyhow I went off to lunch and when I returned I gave the pool place another call (yes I do believe in miracles…). And you wouldn’t believe it (oh and quickly, every employee knows me by name and if I call I do not have to explain the situation – they all know, this concerns me but only a little) - the nice lady who knows all about it tells me that yes they finally got the go ahead from the owner and they will be around tomorrow (this is today). And when I got home today the pool looks like a foamy wonderland (smells like a rank rock pool on the beach still though – laced with chlorine) and the filter is running and the pool doesn’t quite look to bad (ok well it still does but I can see the underlying potential).

I went in to the pool area to have a quick squiz, and let Max in too, he runs around a bit has a look and then comes and sits next to me for a pat. I decide to take a photo and write this story and post it up so I go inside grab the camera and go back out. I go back into the pool area and hold the gate open for Max (this was a mistake) and he bounds back into the area (I put him out – well more accurately he followed me out when I walked out – the first time, if you’re wondering why I let him in twice). But anyhow, I walked as far back as I could and it was kinda dark through the viewfinder so I snapped off a couple of shots, they lighten in the view when they are taken but it was night so they weren’t that bright. I see Max doing the lean over the edge and as he has never gone in the pool before (and has been in there a bit – the area that is) I am not really concerned.


The Pool - after the swim - the blury thing in the foreground is Max Posted by Hello

But then I go to take another snap and what do I hear? SPLASH!!! OMG!!! I look back and little Max is now in a sea of bubbles and green – thank god he can swim – I got him as a pup and he never has before but he was doing a pretty good job if you ask me. I am sorry to say I actually let out a laugh, I have a horrible streak (I warn you never fall down or hurt yourself in front of me – I will laugh). He swam across to me – and as you can see by the photos there is a bit of a ledge and he can’t get out (without help). I am still laughing a little when I walk over to the stairs and call him over to me – I can’t lift him out unless he is closer to the top and he can climb on the stairs and as much as I love him – I AM NOT getting in the pool to save him. (Ok well maybe if he was in dire straights – but he wasn’t at this moment).

He swims to the stairs and I grab his collar and help him out, he spends the next five minutes shaking right next to me (as much as I tell him to bugger off and do it elsewhere it is dark and cold out and I don’t need to be all wet thank you very much). So anyhow I leave the pool area (again) after our little adventure (oh yes Max does join me). I tell him how silly he is and get a towel for him (I didn’t just pass it to him I helped him with it).

Crazy, crazy dog – but he did bring a smile to me after a crappy day at work.


Psyco Puppy (aka Max)the swimmer Posted by Hello


6 Comments:

  • At 9:51 am, Blogger evilsciencechick said…

    what a cutie! not as cute as mine, though, of course :)

     
  • At 1:43 am, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Oh, Max is beautiful. What a lovely yard, too (even with the foamy pool)!

     
  • At 3:32 am, Blogger Seeker said…

    I really wish youd come back and visit my blog miss yas my aussie gal ;)

     
  • At 4:16 am, Blogger Pup said…

    What a cute dog! I'm so jealous. Does he bark with an aussie accent? I wonder if other dogs would think so. HMmmmmm..

     
  • At 3:42 am, Blogger Sara said…

    Definitely a cutie, but of course not as cute as our chocolate lab that lives in the water.

     
  • At 12:36 am, Blogger Nord said…

    Regan – Yes my baby is beautiful, untrained and a little psycho but I still love him.

    Tsarina – Yes well as for the house, yard, everything all is now gone… and I live somewhere else, nicer house though and a bigger pool. and yes Max is the cutest thing.

    Seek – For you anything, but I have been kinda busy.

    Pup – Bark in Australian, I guess he probably does after all he only has Aussies to listen to, ummm, I don’t know I will ask him.

    Sara - Yes I think everyone thinks there own dog is the cutest – funny how that happens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet