Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A change

So yesterday a few people in my office told me I looked great. Now normally I would be ‘hey, thanks’ but I know the reason for these unfounded compliments and I am not sure they did. For a bit of background. I (until yesterday) had long blond (ok, I just wanted to say it was blond – and naturally so) hair, by long I mean it sat just above my ass, it is straight, not even a hint of curl and that’s about the size of it. It was getting to the point where you couldn’t do too much with it. Mostly leave it out straight (which I hated because it would get in the way). Or put it up in a plait or pony tail.

So what did I do to it yesterday, you ask? I cut it – now usually I just go in for a ‘trim’, now this involves cutting roughly an inch or so from it, no big deal. But yesterday I got it cut to my shoulders, an extreme and daring move I know but after 7 years or so it was probably about time. And if not, well hell, it’ll grow back anyway.

So my complaint of the day. Well a few people very non specifically mentioned how good I looked. In a ‘have you lost weight’ capacity. Well I figured it was a little rude to respond with. ‘No moron I have cut my hair off’ but you know, accept the compliment graciously and move on.

But this got me thinking, if I look so great now – what did they think I looked like before? I mean I don’t think I look like a trog – but as for what others think – well I just don’t know. I wouldn’t have been too bad but almost everyone in the office said it looked good (and yes some actually noticed that I had had my hair cut).

So anyway, I am basking in a sea of paranoia at the moment. It will pass in time I am sure. But I have decided today that I love my new hair, it looks cute, screw all those losers who couldn’t even figure out I had cut it. Maybe in the next 7 years or so I will get it cut again and see what response that will bring.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:58 am, Blogger evilsciencechick said…

    wow! you look great today!

    Did you lose weight? Boob job? New skirt?

    ;)

     
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Ummmm .... yeah, unfortunately I can almost relate to all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet