Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Monday, August 16, 2004

The Chronicles of Ridiculousness

I have been slacking and for this I apologise. I am not having a crisis I just don’t honestly have much to say (oh, how my friends would laugh at me if I said this to them – I always have something to say…).

But today I want to talk about this. I watched the Chronicles of Riddick (excuse all spelling – I don’t know how this is spelt – the name that is) last night, not at the movies on my PC, a copy that a friend obtained for me from a glorious information tool called the internet (I wont say much more about it for fear of the repercussions – but let’s say I didn’t pay for it (other than to be ridiculed in my request of which film I wanted) and I haven’t sold it either so I should be safe as far as the warnings go, right? Oh well).

Now I love Vin Diesel (or Mark Vincent, as is his actual name, yes I am ashamed to say, I have done a little underhanded internet based I am a crazy stalker search to find out more about him). But he’s not exactly an intellectual is he. Hey, don’t get me wrong, he could be a Rhodes Scholar (as I don’t personally know him), but the parts he chooses to play are all about the brawn. But this said, I am not complaining, I am up for a little bit of brawn as much as (if not more so) than the next girl. But this movie (as with most of his movies – I said most, there is always an exception to the rule) was kinda crap.

I glossed over the fact that it has lots of cool effects in it, but it had a lame predictable story (sorry, to all who enjoyed it – well I’m not that sorry; on a visual level I kinda enjoyed it too). When it finished and I was wondering if I missed something. (A bit like when I watched Eyes Wide Shut – man, I spend 3 plus hours watching that, spending most of the latter part of that film waiting for something to happen, then the end credits roll only to have me asking if they actually stopped the movie when I went to the bathroom, because I must have missed something – must have… this movie (EWS), ranks as my top choice for things that I have wasted my time doing and will never get the precious time back – I was told my teenage brother that I just didn’t get it (as if he’s all knowing) but, damn straight – I didn’t get it). But I digress. Ok short plot synopsis, he (Vin, of course, as he is the topic de jour) is the ‘chosen’ and will in the end kill the evil ruler trying to wipe out all mankind (ok, not just wipe out convert, to their (the evil guys), religiony thing too – see I payed attention – kinda). I would have saved myself a couple of hours if I’d just read a review I guess, but then again I wouldn’t have got the visual pleasure that keeps me coming back to watch his movies. Alas though ladies, from memory, there is no shirt removal, but he does spend a bit of time being all chained up and he flexes those muscles with various ass kickings (administered to others) by him.

So what have I said? Nothing really, as usual, but I think my main point is I am shallow. I will watch these, no plot, crap movies to get a glance at the pretty, I know that I won’t get too much value from them and the most I can come up with for comment at the end is something along the lines of, “Man that Vin Diesel is hot, yeah?” Well at least I didn’t pay to see it like I usually do when I go to see one of his flicks, its an unhealthy obsession, I know, I know… did anyone see ‘A man apart’? No?, well I did (I was alone in the theatre, with the friend who came with me on opening night) – I rest my case.

PS – I watched ‘Hell Boy’, the day before and thought it was a much better flick (judge me as you will…).

7 Comments:

  • At 10:58 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Paula - Thanks, I hope you enjoyed your stay.

     
  • At 12:46 am, Blogger Pup said…

    HA.. I thought I was one of the few that would watch a movie just because someone in the movie was really hot even when I know the movie sucked.

    If it feels good.. do it :)

     
  • At 1:32 am, Blogger Seeker said…

    I am aghast that you women are making men into sex objects! tsk tsk!

     
  • At 10:17 am, Blogger evilsciencechick said…

    Ugh. I have to take the bf to see Alien v predator this weekend for his birthday.

    No cute guys in that one :(

     
  • At 2:35 pm, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Ok, since you were so brutally honest, I will confess something that only a select few know- I actually own and watch (often) The Scorpion King. *blushes* It does have the benefit of having an entertaining story line, but let's face it, that's NOT why I bought it- the Rock is quite possibly the prettiest hunk of manflesh to walk the planet, and he can complete a sentence in interviews, too (added bonus). Oh, and after a bit of internet stalking, I know his real name, too...

     
  • At 2:37 am, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I would sit through a crappy movie with headphones on just to look at Vin Diesel... yummmy!!!

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Pup – Yeah, unfortunately I do this all too often, you should see some of the DVD’s I have. And a deep dark secret, I love Jean Claude van Damme movies for the same reason. Oh the shame, the shame…

    Seek – Isn’t that all they are?

    Regan – Yes no doubt I will be forced to watch this one also. But you know I find gore almost as good as hotness.

    Tsarina – Ah yes, Dway… oh I mean the Rock, yes, he is a nice, nice piece of work, forgot about him (as if you could – ha ha). Manflesh - I just got a Lord of the Rings flashback.

    Inanna – What girl wouldn’t – I know I have done so many a time, much to the complaints of others.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet