Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Dandelions and the visit.

So, the lawn. Well all in all not a bad job for being done in the dark, but I now notice that it is absolutely covered with Dandelions, a sea of yellow and green. I did miss the occasional long stalk but it now looks mowed and I can now shake my head at some of the neighbours lawns as I go past with a quick, ummmm… that could do with a mow. I still have to do the back lawn, but I’m sure that Max (my dog) loves the feeling of the jungle grasses rubbing against his belly as he prances around the back yard. And as today I did get home by 2pm, I could have actually done it, with the exception that it is bucketing down with rain outside, oh well.


Ok, so I am back from my trip, my fiends A & M are both well and now have 2 kids M & J, now J was 3 the last time I saw them and M just a glint in his dads eye. It’s funny it was like I had never really been away. Still friends and still the same (with the youth part of all our temperaments removed). I had a good time we chatted ‘til late at night did a little reminiscing but all in all nothing too exciting. Oh well, I guess they are an old (alright young) married couple now. I was invited to go to a friend of theirs childs birthday party (for a 5 year old) I declined and came home. We will stay in touch this time though as I have invited them to visit in a few weeks time. It’s funny, this isn’t what I expected, but as for what I did expect, well I’m not sure exactly what that was either. It was almost a disappointment, I expected things to be different I guess but they were exactly the same. This doesn’t really make sense I know but oh well. I did however have a kick ass breakfast of bacon eggs and pancakes….. yum.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:59 am, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Geez, I don't check your blog for a couple of days, and all of the sudden, it's a Tolstoy novel! I'm glad you had a good time on your trip. I can't stand most of my friends' kids. Maybe I'll blog about them someday. Anyway, beautiful pics in the previous posts, too. Have a great day (or night, wherever you are in the time-space-continuium)

     
  • At 1:42 am, Blogger Traci Dolan said…

    I want your breakfast!!!

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    Tsarina – Yeah sorry about that – I think I have almost come to the point where I have scared everyone away by just not being here, but I am trying to improve.

    Inanna – It was awesome – I wish I had someone to cook for me like that everyday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet