Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Back to the land of Blog

So I have been away from Blogdom (obviously) no reason for it other than the “I have been living” (amazing how much time that takes up) and working (that also sucks quite a bit of my time).

What have I been up to? Nothing of consequence. I have had Uni stuff to do (as always), my boy is riding my ass (ummm….) about not doing my taxes (ok in his defence I haven’t done them for 4 years), I have the whatever factor going on pretty high with them but because of the hassling I finally called my accountant yesterday, who remembered me, laughed at my lack of lodgement and told me to send up the papers and he will do it in the next week or so – so his wish is my command – I’ll sort it on the weekend and fingers crossed for a big 4 year refund (or a little jail time for out standing fines – whatever…). But the accountant said it should all be good so here’s hoping.

I still have to sort the insurance, I haven’t done anything other than take some photos, I got a courtesy call today to ask me if I still wanted to go ahead with the claim, I told the guy yes I did and he told me that was fine. I just asked him out of curiosity how long I had to make the claim and you know what he said “oh indefinitely”, made me a little curious why he called to gave me the hurry up, but yes I could do with the money back – no bastard would give me a bill to pay when the insurance came back in and after everything with the move I am all poor (yeah, yeah, boo hoo to me…).

My ASDL, oh man, don’t get me started, though my numerous complaints I have gotten my first months fees refunded and any excess usage refunded to me also – tell me how my PC can upload and download info while it is turned off please, please… Tech support? You can’t tell me, oh you have to transfer me to billing…whatever, just do it…. Unfortunately many, many calls went something alone these lines and I am more than jack of it and the tards at tech support, but yes here I am on the net, I have managed to work out a way to connect, something to do with the phone and having the handset off the hook – must be a dodgy line or something – I have no idea and neither does tech support, but I can get it to connect and if one more of those tech support tards tell me it is a problem with my pc, I may go on a rampage. (Ok not really, but I have stopped being polite on the phone to them).

Anything else? Oh the house is still a brothel (untidy that is, not a house for women of loose morals) I still have it in unpack mode. I mean to clean it and say that I will do it every weekend and then I just can’t be bothered, if I kicked in it would only take a few hours, whatever I will get to it in due course. Oh and last night dishwater number 2 (I had another one when I first moved in and the door leaked and the owner swapped it for another) leaked all over the floor last night. I have so no luck with water. It is my bane. Oh and did I mention the roof of this place leaks? The owners come over and assured me it’s fixed but I won’t really know until it pisses down and I can see if swimming in the kitchen once again becomes and option.

Oh on a good note, at work we piloted a new PC system and were all give a $50 Liquorland (they sell grog in special shops dedicated to the cause here, you cant buy it anywhere else) voucher to spend as I will. Nice gesture, lucky I actually partake in the occasional beverage. Hic....
 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet