Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A new beginning (well on the home front anyhow).

So the new house is nice but I am still in the hideous “unpacking” stage of moving, which almost takes away the fun (if you can forget the actual move) of moving.

It is however painted baby blue inside – something the owners are doing their best to rectify, this is more than fine by me. So what else to tell you? Well the house is bigger, the pool is bigger (and yes still salt) and the yard is bigger (oh and the rent is cheaper) I think the area is not quite as good, but is still pretty good and the place is quite a bit older but still very nice. I don’t have any complaints and it is even closer to town, walking distance (if you consider around half an hour to be walking distance, yeah, well maybe not – ha ha ha).

Well I have had to claim all my expenses on my own insurance, I approached the council, who while accepted responsibility for the blocked pipe would not accept liability for any damage as the man I spoke to advised me that the plumbing in the house was illegal and therefore it was the owners responsibility to pay for my expenses. I had already tried this tact and got a big fat nowhere so I called a lawyer for a little advice. I did a bit of sucking up and I had spoken to this firm through work many times and I got someone to help me over the phone. Generally to cut a long convo short, he advised me to try my own insurance, he said even though I was in the right the amount of angst this would cause (suing the landlord) it really wasn’t worth the hassle, he also said that the case would probably get drawn out quite a bit and I would also run the risk of not getting what I was actually asking for. Even though in reading this sounds kinda negative he was very helpful and so I did as he suggested.

I called my insurance company who will actually cover everything, my removal, my temporary accommodation (wish I had the policy to read and knew this before I moved as they will pay for this up to 12 months) and also cover any of the damaged goods (which before I rang was all I thought I would be covered for). So I love my insurance company and they can still rip me off – oh umm yep sorry - take their premiums from me annually for some time to come, I would suggest.

So all in all I haven’t come out too badly, granted I didn’t want any of this to happen but since the owners of the old place were looking at selling the place anyhow, I had an inkling that I would have been asked to move when my lease expired in November anyhow, so maybe all this crap (oh yes I see the pun, as always) was not in vain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet