Mundane Murmurs

Talk about the boring and ordinary world that is my life.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Veges and voting

I decided to dig a vegetable garden (mostly because fresh veges shit all over anything you get at the store). But after being in the sun (for what seems like) about 50 hours. I disgruntledly looked at my pathetic attempt of a garden, it was only about a metre squared that I had actually managed to dig. It was kinda hot and I couldn’t breathe properly after mowing the lawn (I think I have some crazy allergy to grass – I couldn’t breathe for an hour or so – well ok I could breathe (otherwise I would have died) but I had a bit of difficulty) I went to go to the chemist, (Saturday afternoon all closed – what was I thinking??) to get something but after awhile it got better, just as well I suppose.

I had to vote today, well everyone in Oz had to vote – it’s compulsory here. But I would have thought that there would have been polling booths all over the place like a plague – boy was I wrong… I did a cruise around looking for one – they’re easy to spot, they are the schools, halls, churches with millions (ok a slight exaggeration) of cars parked out front and crazy stalker like people holding handfuls of “vote for my party” brochures (these people are best to be avoided at all costs – if you can manage it) if you accept from one you will be laden down with a small tree by the time you get inside to actually vote – and then horror of horrors you just throw all that paper away. Ummm I even noticed the “Green Party” had some, tut, tut.

But as I was saying I drove around for quite awhile looking (I now know the locations of the local schools) and finally gave up and went to the other side of town where I knew there would be one (I only knew this because that where it was for the last small local election). But in a town (city, whatever) of over 50,000 you would think there would have been more than one. But if there was I couldn’t find it. But needless to say I did vote and now that is over with for the next 4 years. Good luck JH.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:06 am, Blogger Tsarina said…

    Mandatory voting? Maybe that's the answer for us to get W out of the White House! I hate that every time I move, I have to find the polling place in my new district- thanks for reminding me to find out ahead of time!

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger Nord said…

    No problems - just make sure you do vote (and encourage everyone else to) over there. Think of the rest of the world suffering from your leadership... oh whoops, did I say that out loud.... hahahaha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Truth is a Matter of Perspective Site Ring
Ring Owner: Seeker Site: Truth is a Matter of Perspective
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Free Site Ring form Bravenet